Looking for a lawn alternative? You'll get instant color and beauty and never have to worry about watering SedumSod!
Why use SedumSod®
- Beautiful instant carpet of color - the ultimate perennial!
- Incredibly easy to install
- Minimum maintenance
- Tolerates summer heat, wind and little water
- Easy to overwinter
- Reclaim forgotten spaces
- Sustainable green space
- Add aesthetic value
- Small space gardening
- All kinds of DIY projects
Sedums have minimal water needs and a shallow root system making them ideal to use in a sod-like mat. Give them a minimum of 4 hours of sun a day. They thrive in average to poor soil as long as it is well-drained.
Common name includes Stonecrop and Live Forever which implies how easy these plants are to grow. The genus name of Sedum comes from the Latin sedo: to sit. This implies that the plants will take root and 'sit' wherever segments break off from the parent and find a home.
Special Features: Butterfly Lovers, Cut Flowers, Cold Hardy, Deer Resistant, Drought Tolerant, Easy Care, Fall Color, Foliage Interest, Heat Tolerant, Pest Resistant, Rabbit Resistant, Winter Interest
Square foot coverage: 10x20" = 200 sq inches or 1.38 sq feet Area for coverage
- 100 sq ft 72 trays needed
- 200 sq ft 144 trays needed
- 500 sq ft 362 trays needed
- 1000 sq ft 724 trays needed
- 1500 sq ft 1086 trays needed
Customers Who Selected This item also bought:
- Botanical Name:
- Common Name:
- Sun Exposure:
Sun, Part Shade
- Ship Form:
- Soil Type:
- Soil Moisture:
- Height x Width:
6" X 15-18"
- Flower Color:
- Foliage Color:
- Bloom Season:
Accent, Alpine and Rock, Container Gardening, Edging, Erosion Control or Embankment, Ground Cover, Massing, Rock Garden, Slopes, Small Spaces, Under planting
- Cannot Ship to:
AK,CAN, HI, PR
- Patent #: None
Ideas and How-to's
How to Plant SedumSod®
SedumSod® arrives to you FULLY grown and INSTANTLY colorful
- Plant in an area where it will received 4+ hours of sun
- The condition of the soil is not a factor as long as there is good drainage
- Add 2-3” of topsoil for best results (not necessary)
- Remove from tray
- Cut if necessary to fit desired area
- Press down firmly so Sod is in contact with the soil
- Keep SedumSod® at ground level
- Water thoroughly to ensure roots have been saturated
- No need to fertilize
Recommended for You:
Soil: Average, dry to medium moisture, well-drained soils. Thrives in sandy to gravelly soils of moderate to low fertility. Needs sharp soil drainage to perform well. Prefers moist soils with good drainage.
Light: Does best in full sun, but appreciates some protection from harsh sun and heat exposure in very hot summer regions.
Water: Medium to dry -- Considered drought-tolerant once established. Over watering will impair growth.
Spacing: 1 - 2 ft.
Fertilizing: On average soil, seldom needs fertilizer. A handful of all-purpose granular fertilizer sprinkled on the soil each spring is generally all that is needed for poorer soils. If growing in rich soil, it should only be fertilized every other year. Dry granular fertilizers must be watered into the soil.
Winterizing: Leave outside in winterized containers.
Maintenance & Pruning: As plants gradually fill in, cut off sections and replant if desired.
ReviewsBe the first to write a review