Polemonium boreale 'Heavenly Habit' Description
- Also known as Jacob's ladder, as the pretty small leaves are neatly arranged directly across from one another for a ladder-like look
- Forms a tidy mound of lovely foliage you’ll admire all season
- Early summer brings beautiful blue flowers on tall, elegant stems
- Deer resistant
- Grows well in sun or shade
- Very cold hardy – thrives even in chilly USDA zone 3
Special features: Deer resistant, fragrant, cut flower, easy to grow, hardy.
Recommended For You:
- Botanical name:
Polemonium boreale 'Heavenly Habit'
- Common name:
- Sun exposure:
Full (6+ hrs/day) to part sun (4-6 hrs/day)
- Ship form:
- Soil type:
- Soil moisture:
- Height x width:
10-12" x 12-18"
- Flower color:
- Foliage color:
- Bloom season:
Border, shade gardens, cottage gardening, massing, pollinator gardens, woodland, wildflower gardens
- Cannot ship to:
- Patent #:None
More Info, How-To's, Videos and more
Soil: Thrives in any well-drained soil.
Light: Perform well in full sun if given adequate moisture, but prefer part sun in warmer zones.
Water: Will thrive in average to moist conditions, but prefers not to be soggy in winter.
Spacing: 10 inches apart
Fertilizing: Fertilizer isn't needed regularly. Light applications of all purpose garden fertilizer in early spring, but be sure not to overfertilize as this can result in weak, unattractive growth.
Winterizing: Do not apply mulch over crowns in winter, as this can cause rot.
Maintenance & pruning: Remove spent foliage in early spring before new growth emerges. Deadheading after bloom may increase the chances of rebloom. Once planted, they are best left alone, as they do not transplant well.
ReviewsBe the first to write a review