Berberis Sunjoy® Gold Beret Description
Cute as a bun! Vamp up containers. Tuck in small spaces and let the glow begin!
Barberry foliage provides rich color and texture on this trouble free and easy to grow shrub that grows ONLY 6-12" tall and wide. They are so adaptable and promise to give you a tried and trouble free performance. Cute bun size shape with red new growth and fall color are an extra bonus. Use as a groundcover or edging. Barberry is often used as a spiny barrier plant.
- Striking color - Barberrys are grown for their foliage. This is one of the best providing a wonderful warm golden color for 3 seasons.
- Doesn't burn in full sun - Other gold varieties of barberry will often burn. You'll love the "burn-resistant" foliage so your plants keep their beauty, color and staying power throughout the season!
- Habit & Shape - Oh-so tidy with mounded habit that needs little or no pruning.
- Trouble-Free - Marvelously tolerant of heat and drought. They tolerate deer, drought, clay and dry soil.
Flowers are sterile and does not set seed. Restricted: MA, ME, NH, NY, VT
Special Features: Cold Hardy, Deer Resistant, Drought Tolerant, Easy Care, Fall Color, Foliage Interest, Heat Tolerant, Burn Resistant, Multi-seasonal Interest
Recommended For You:
- Botanical Name:
Berberis thunbergii Sunjoy® 'Gold Beret'
- Common Name:
- Sun Exposure:
- Ship Form:
- Soil Type:
- Soil Moisture:
- Height x Width:
6-12" x 6-12"
- Flower Color:
- Foliage Color:
- Bloom Season:
Accent, Background, Container Gardening, Foundation Planting, Hedge Plant, Ornamental, Rock Garden, Small Spaces
- Cannot Ship to:
MA, ME, NH, NY,VT, AK, CAN, HI, PR
- Patent #:'Talago' PP 20,602
More Info, How-To's, Videos and more
Soil: Very adaptable to a wide range of soil types as long as it drains well, as it will not tolerate any standing water. It is not particular as to soil type or pH, and is able to handle environmental salt. It is highly tolerant of urban pollution.
Light: Sun to Partial Shade.
Water: Average water needs.Water regularly; do not over water.
Spacing: 24-36 in.
Fertilizing: Fertilizer needs are low. If you have poor soil, feed during spring growing season with slow release fertilizer such as "Osmocote".
Winterizing: No specific care needed.
Maintenance & Pruning: Prune for desired shape in late spring after bloom time, otherwise no pruning is required.
ReviewsBe the first to write a review