Berberis Sunjoy® Citrus Description
Barberry foliage provides rich color and texture on this trouble free and easy to grow shrub that grows 24-36 in high and 24-36 in wide.
- Striking color - barberrys are grown for their foliage. This is one of the best providing a wonderful warm citrus color for 3 seasons!
- Doesn't burn in full sun - other gold varieties of barberry will often burn. You'll love the "burn-resistant" foliage so your plants keep their beauty, color and staying power throughout the season!
- Habit & shape - oh-so tidy with mounded habit that needs little or no pruning.
- Trouble-free - marvelously tolerant of heat and drought.
- Soil - not at all fussy about soil. Drought tolerant. It thrives in sand or clay, average to dry soil, even pollution and urban conditions!
- Deer-proof - plants have sharp edges that are unattractive to deer.
- Pest free - virtually pest free!
- Low growing hedge or pet barrier - effective as a small dog barrier around a patio. Lovely, low growing hedge.
- Containers - a fine choice to brighten up your favorite container.
Features: Cold hardy, Deer resistant, Drought tolerant, Easy care, Fall color, Foliage interest,, Heat tolerant, Burn resistant, Multi-seasonal interest
Flowers are sterile and does not set seed. Restricted: MA, ME, NH, NY, VT
Recommended For You:
- Botanical name:
Berberis thunbergii Sunjoy® Citrus
- Common name:
- Sun exposure:
- Ship form:
- Soil type:
- Soil moisture:
- Height x width:
2-3' x 2-3'
- Flower color:
- Foliage color:
- Bloom season:
Accent, Background, Container gardening, Foundation planting, Hedge plant, Ornamental, Rock garden, Small spaces
- Cannot ship to:
MA, ME, NH, NY, VT, AK, CAN, HI, PR
- Patent #:'Koren' PP24,818
More Info, How-To's, Videos and more
Soil: Very adaptable to a wide range of soil types as long as it drains well, as it will not tolerate any standing water. It is not particular as to soil type or pH, and is able to handle environmental salt. It is highly tolerant of urban pollution.
Light: Sun to Partial Shade.
Water: Average water needs.Water regularly; do not over water.
Spacing: 24-36 in.
Fertilizing: Fertilizer needs are low. If you have poor soil, feed during spring growing season with slow release fertilizer such as "Osmocote".
Winterizing: No specific care needed.
Maintenance & pruning: Prune for desired shape in late spring after bloom time, otherwise no pruning is required.
ReviewsBe the first to write a review