Buddleia Blue Chip Jr Description
Butterfly Bush is just getting better and better. This updated selection is more compact, needs no deadheading and still provides 4 months of CONTINUOUS BLOOMS and endures sun, drought, heat, humidity, and deer!
Growing only 18-24" with a tailored mounding habit, this flowering shrub is tough and vigorous demanding a spot in any all season perennial garden. Foliage as a silver hue. Blue spiked flowers begging to appear in summer and just go on and on until fall.
Highlights about this easy to grow shrub:
- More compact than Blue Chip Senior.
- Stiffer stems that don't break off as easily.
- Sterile - does not set seed!
- Full flowering - masses of flowers fragrant REBLOOMING blue flowers are simply wonderful providing a tidy and enticing look in the landscape.
- No Deadheading! Enjoy charming flowers all summer with no pruning required!
- Pollinator Friendly.
- Butterflies & Hummingbirds - attract more butterflies to your garden.
- Tough and Resilient - flourishes in heat & humidity.
- Ideal for containers and small space gardening.
- Versatility - Vamp up your look in a mixed border. Pairs well with so many plants from Daisies, Roses, Ornamental Grasses and more! Place near a patio or sitting area where you can enjoy masses of butterflies and pollinators
- Add to your fresh cut bouquets.
- Award winner.
Cut back close to the ground in later winter/early spring. Plants will maintain a superior form, flower more prolifically and grow more vigorously in the landscape.
Special Features: Butterfly Lovers, Blooms First Year, Cold Hardy, Cut Flower, Drought Tolerant, Easy Care, Fast Growing, Fragrance, Heat Tolerant, Hummingbird Lovers
Recommended For You:
- Botanical Name:
Buddleia Lo & Behold 'Blue Chip''
- Common Name:
- Sun Exposure:
- Ship Form:
1/2 Gallon Pot
- Soil Type:
- Soil Moisture:
- Height x Width:
30" x 24"
- Flower Color:
- Foliage Color:
- Bloom Season:
Accent, Border, Container Gardening, Cottage Gardening, Massing, Small Spaces
- Cannot Ship to:
AK, CAN, HI, OR, PR
- Patent #:None PP26581
More Info, How-To's, Videos and more
Soil: Average, medium moisture, well-drained soils. Not too fussy about PH of soil.
Light: Full sun -- Becomes weedy and sparse with diminished flowering performance if not grown in full sun.
Water: Average moisture -- Does poorly in wet conditions.
Spacing: 3.00 to 4.00 feet
Fertilizing: Light scattering of slow release fertilizer (such as Osmocote) in mid-spring is sufficient.
Winterizing: In colder regions, this plant will often die to the ground in winter and therefore is often grown therein in the manner of an herbaceous perennial. Even if plants do not die to the ground in winter, they often grow more vigorously, produce superior flowers and maintain better shape if cut back to around 12"-15" in late winter each year. Buddleias tend to break dormancy late in the spring, so don't worry if you don't see anything happening with them when your other shrubs start to leaf-out.
Maintenance & Pruning: Prompt removal of spent flower spikes during the growing season will usually encourage continued bloom until frost. Cut back to around 12"-15" in late winter, or early spring each year.
ReviewsBe the first to write a review