Coprosma Waxwing™ Orange Description
- Also known as mirror bush because of its very glossy foliage
- Super colorful evergreen leaves provide color all year round
- Leaves are lushly colored in fiery tones of orange, red, and yellow
- Perfect for ground cover or low hedges in warm climates
- Cold climate gardeners can enjoy them as summer plantings in containers and bring them indoors in winter – they make nice, easy-to-grow houseplants
Special features: deer resistant, evergreen, heat tolerant, drought tolerant, containers, foliage interest
Recommended For You:
- Botanical name: Coprosma 'NGCOP8'
- Common name:
- Sun exposure:
Full sun (6+ hrs/day) to part shade (4-6 hrs sun/day)
- Ship form:
- Soil type:
- Soil moisture:
- Height x width:
2-3 ft tall x 3 ft wide
- Flower color:
- Foliage color:
- Season of interest:
Specimen, Hedge, Landscaping.
- Patent: USPP 29827
- Cannot ship to:
More Info, How-To's, Videos and more
Soil: Grow in any moist but well-drained soil. Avoid very wet sites; tolerates dryness once established.
Light: Full sun (6+ hrs/day) to part shade (4-6 hrs sun/day)
Space: 3' apart.
Fertilizing: Apply a granular rose or garden fertilizer in early spring if desired.
Winterizing: Nothing special required in zones 9 and warmer. In cold climates, bring indoors before a hard frost and grow in a cool, bright spot. Keep soil on the dry side.
Maintenance: No pruning or other special care is required. If growing as a dense hedge, can be clipped or trimmed as needed to main shape.
ReviewsBe the first to write a review