Ficus carica 'Magnolia' - fig Description
- Unique finely-cut foliage provides a lacy look
- No other fig boasts lovelier foliage
- Produces sweet purple fruits in fall
- Foliage has a pleasant fragrance
- Plant in full sun and fertilize frequently for a good crop of figs
Special Features: edible, hardy, unusual, deer resistant
Recommended For You:
- Botanical name: Ficus carica 'Magnolia'
- Common name:
- Sun exposure:
Full sun (min. 6 hrs/day).
- Ship form:
- Soil type:
Requires alkaline soil with good drainage.
- Soil moisture:
- Height x width:
4-10 ft x 4-10 ft/li>
- Flower color:
- Foliage color:
- Season of interest:
Best in a vegetable garden.
- Cannot ship to:
- Patent #:
More Info, How-To's, Videos and more
Soil: Does best in neutral to slightly alkaline soils (pH 7.0 or higher). Moist but well-drained soils are best. Can tolerate some dryness once established.
Light: Full sun (6+ hrs/day).
Space: Plant 10 ft
Fertilizing: Figs require fertilization – apply a granular tomato fertilizer in mid-spring, late spring, and again in early summer.
Winterizing & Maintenance: A good 2-3" layer of mulch is recommended.
ReviewsBe the first to write a review