Gypsophila Festival Star® Description
- Love to grow your own bouquets? Add this baby’s breath to your garden! It’s much nicer than what you find in florists
- Also looks great in the garden: big, airy flower panicles provide soft volume and movement
- Does not split open, splay, or flop like older varieties of baby’s breath
- Long blooming: provides months of beauty in the garden, year after year
- Excellent deer resistance
Special features: Attracts butterflies, Easy care, Fast growing, Cut flower, Heat tolerant, Long blooming, Rabbit resistant, Deer resistant
Recommended For You:
- Botanical Name:
Gypsophila paniculata Festival Star®
- Common Name:
- Sun Exposure:
- Ship Form:
- Soil Type:
- Soil Moisture:
- Height x Width:
12-18" X 16-24"
- Flower Color:
- Foliage Color:
- Bloom Season:
Container Gardening, Cottage Gardening, Ground Cover, Massing, Specimen
- Cannot Ship to:
AK, CA, HI, WA
- Patent #: 14818
More Info, How-To's, Videos and more
Soil: Tolerant of most well-drained soils, but prefers moderate fertility and a moist soil.
Light: Full sun.
Water: Average Water Needs -- Established plants have some drought tolerance.
Spacing: 24 inches
Fertilizing: Benefits from a light application of balanced, granular fertilizer in early spring.
Winterizing: No specific care needed. Can leave foliage standing for winter and remove in spring when new growth begins.
Maintenance & Pruning: Can prune anytime during the summer to shape the plant. Divide and move clumps in spring.
ReviewsBe the first to write a review