Oso Easy® Rose Collection Description
Oso Easy® Rose Collection - Carefree rose shrub provides exciting color from summer-fall!
Today's new modern rose must be easy, and Oso Easy® Roses are just that!
Growing about 3' tall and wide. Hardy and free flowering, reblooming well into fall with no need to deadhead. Assorted blooms in this collection give your garden design a lift while being tough and hardy in the landscape. Not at all finicky! They are just as easy to maintain as the KnockOut roses. Most roses on the market require a lot of regular fertilizing and spraying, but not the Oso Easy® series. Dependably hardy in Zone 5-9.
How to grow
- Delights in average moisture retentive, but well drained soil. Best to shelter against strong winds.
- Thrives in full sun to part shade. They will flower more and better with a minimum of 4 hours of sun a day. Shade reduces the number of blooms.
- Overall, roses need good air circulation and best not to plant too tight to allow air movement between plants.
- Roses love moisture. Water in the morning if possible. Add mulch to retain moisture, but don't place too close to the crown of the plant
- Roses are heavy feeders. Add fertilizer such as Osmocote in spring. Repeat application about a month after the first bloom flush.
- Self cleaning. Blooms are self cleaning and do not need deadheading.
- Pruning is generally not needed except to shape plant in spring.
Ways to use Oso Easy® roses
Roses can be used in many ways, including mixed perennial beds. Given it's more rounded form, they contrast well with upright forms, such as Shasta daisies, perovskia, or coneflowers. Consider combining with silver foliage plants such as artemisia Powis Castle or Silver Mound or combine with a blue foliage narrow leaf festuca groundcover.
Consider planting in drifts of 5, 7 or more or use as a low growing hedge. Consider planting near the base of a climbing rose or another climbing vine, such as clematis Combine with other shrubs such as blue flowering caryopteris or a Knock Out rose. Add a vertical lift with calamagrostis Karl Foerster.
Invaluable for color and nice fragrance in the patio garden. Select a big enough container and locate in a spot that receives sun for at least a half a day. No need to confine this to a patio area. Containers can be brought into paved areas, around a pool or walkway. Containers dry out quicker than plants in the ground - so make sure they get plenty of water.
Special features: Blooms first year, Cold hardy, Deer resistant, Disease resistant, Drought tolerant, Easy care, Everblooming, Fast growing, Fragrance, Heat tolerant, Attracts hummingbirds, Long blooming, Multi-seasonal interest, Reblooming, Pest resistant, Rabbit resistant, Salt tolerant, Season extender