Coreopsis Curry Up Description
A classic tour de force. Butterfly loving, deer & drought tolerant perennial groundcover. Curry Up is no run of the mill Coreopsis. We've trialed a great deal of Coreopsis over the years and here's why we think it's one of the best new forms:
- Warm gold flowers fused with intense red centers. Bold and energetic, this rich and powerful color combination will create a whole new experience with its striking look and stately habit.
- Very floriferous. Blooms heavily with repeat blooms well into fall.
- Striking mound form. Abundant lush green thread-leaf foliage stays tight and tidy in your garden from spring-fall growing 15-18" tall. So pretty to look at even when not in bloom.
- Ultra hardy. Time tested for hardiness. Be wary of other new coreopsis as many are bred as annual types.
- Diseases. Resilient to powdery mildew and leaf spot often found in other types.
- Placement. Thrives in a sunny garden spot in average to moist soil. Even tolerates poor soil as long as it well drained.
- Color Partner Ideas: Since Curry Up doesn't take up much space. Tuck it beneath a Red Barberry, or intermingle with a red Coral Bells. We also love this one with blue - such as alternating a planting with a blue Festuca or one of our new favorites Carex Blue Zinger.
- Very impressive when planted in grouping of 5 or more.
- Part of the Sizzle & Spice™ Threadleaf Collection
Curry up stays attractive throughout the season. This is the ideal garden plant that requires little or no maintenance. Lightly pruning (cut back to about 1/3) after flowering will surely encourage a blazing rebloom later in the season. A choice plant!
Special Features: Blooms First Year, Butterfly Lovers, Deer Resistant, Drought Tolerant, Easy Care, Everblooming Fast Growing, Long Blooming, Reblooming
Recommended For You:
- Botanical Name:
Coreopsis verticillata Sizzle & Spice® 'Curry Up'
- Common Name:
Threadleaf Coreopsis, Tickseed
- Zone: 5,6,7,8,9
- Sun Exposure:
- Ship Form:
- Soil Type:
- Soil Moisture:
- Height x Width:
15-18" X 18"
- Flower Color:
- Foliage Color:
- Bloom Season:
Container Gardening, Edging, Ground Cover, Massing, Slopes, Small Spaces, Underplanting,
- Cannot Ship to:
AK, CAN, HI, PR
- Patent #: PPAF
More Info, How-To's, Videos and more
Soil: Plant in moist, well drained soil. Thrives in a wide range of soils.
Light: Full Sun
Water: Average to Moist. Water weekly, or more often in extreme heat, until established. Watering may be reduced after establishment.
Spacing: 12-16 inches
Fertilizing: Seldom needs fertilizing if soil is good to average. On very poor soils, can feed lightly with a general purpose, or timed release fertilizer (such as "Osmocote"), before new growth begins in spring.
Winterizing: No special care needed. Remove spent foliage in spring before new growth appears.
Maintenance & Pruning: For repeated bloom, shear old flowers.
ReviewsBe the first to write a review