Sedum Sunsparkler® Dream Dazzler Description
New for 2018! Deer and drought proof groundcover is a must-have plant with 3+ seasons of great foliage color!
Dream Dazzler is brand new for 2018 and one of the most vibrant new sedums to come on the market in recent years. This deer and drought proof groundcover is a must-have with 3+ seasons of great foliage color!
This exciting new SunSparkler® sedum comes from breeder Chris Hansen and it's one of the best!
You'll want to have this one.
Truly, it's really got good looks and omg effect!
Spring tricolor effect of pink, white and purple give way to plumpish dark purple slightly scalloped leaves trimmed in hot, hot wide pink margins. Late summer, hundreds of butterfly loving magenta pink blooms that bloom for 7+ weeks and excellent for cut flower arrangements.
Dream Dazzler has been trialed and tested for a number of years for variability. Unlike other variegated sedums on the market today- most have a tendency to revert, some more than others. We are excited to learn that Dream Dazzler is highly stable in the garden.
A sedum sport of Plum Dazzled, Dream Dazzler will add season spanning color to your garden beds like no other hardy perennials.
Highlights of Dream Dazzler
- Purple centers with hot pink margins
- Grows 8" tall x 18" wide
- Thrives in heat, humidity and dry soil
- Stable - does not sport like other variegated sedums
- Pink intensifies with the heat of summer
- 100's of 6-8" raspberry flowers on late summer that make great cut flowers
How to Use Dream Dazzler sedum
- Adds late summer color
- Use as a ground cover, pathway plant, edging plant, rockery plant
- Ideal for small spaces
- Container plant for hot, dry decks.
Combination ideas with Dream Dazzler sedum
- Mix and match and other Sunsparkler sedums
- Stunning with silver foliage such as artemisia Silver Mound or Lavender
- Underplanting to Gold Beret or Citrus barberry in the garden or containers!
- Combine with blue foliage such as festuca or carex Blue Zinger, dianthus Firewitch or blue flowering nepeta Walker's Low
- Pair with "hot colors" such as coreopsis, gaillardia or delosperma
- Add gaura or pennisteum Little Bunny for an airy look.
- Plant in drifts next to coneflowers or rose Yellow Knock out
Special features: Attracts butterflies, Cold hardy, Deer resistant, Drought tolerant, Easy care, Foliage interest, Heat tolerant, Winter interest
Recommended For You:
- Botanical name:
Sedum 'Dream Dazzler''
- Common name:
- Sun exposure:
- Ship form:
- Soil type:
- Soil moisture:
- Height x width:
8" x 18"
- Flower color:
- Foliage color:
Purple and pink
- Bloom season:
Accent, Container gardening, Cottage gardening, Massing, Ornamental, Small spaces, Specimen
- Cannot ship to:
AK, CAN, HI, PR
- Patent #: PPAF
More Info, How-To's, Videos and more
Soil: Average, dry to medium moisture, well-drained soils. Thrives in sandy to gravelly soils of moderate to low fertility. Needs sharp soil drainage to perform well. Prefers moist soils with good drainage.
Light: Does best in full sun, but appreciates some protection from harsh sun and heat exposure in very hot summer regions.
Water: Medium to dry -- Considered drought-tolerant once established. Over watering will impair growth.
Spacing: 1 - 2 ft.
Fertilizing: On average soil, seldom needs fertilizer. A handful of all-purpose granular fertilizer sprinkled on the soil each spring is generally all that is needed for poorer soils. If growing in rich soil, it should only be fertilized every other year. Dry granular fertilizers must be watered into the soil.
Winterizing: Does not need mulch in the winter. Remove the debris (such as the remains of showy sedums) from under and around your plants in the late fall and continue to remove any debris as it accumulates. Small animals and bugs may take home in accumulated debris during cold weather.
Maintenance & pruning: Can cut back in Autumn, after flowering. Divide in spring.
ReviewsBe the first to write a review