Viburnum Cardinal Candy® - linden viburnum Description
- Large viburnum is ideal for hedging or specimen planting
- Fluffy white flower clusters in spring
- Thick, leathery foliage provides texture and interest
- Red fruits develop in fall and persist through winter for color when you need it most
- Plant with Tandoori Orange viburnum for abundant fruit on both plants
- Deer resistant
Special features: Deer resistant, Fall color, Attracts pollinators, Cut flower, Clay Soil
Recommended For You:
- Botanical name: Viburnum dilatatum 'Henneke'
- Common name:
Viburnum - linden
- Sun exposure:
Full sun (6+ hrs/day) to part shade (4-6 hrs sun/day)
- Ship form:
- Soil type:
Not fussy about soil, but grows best in moist, well-drained spots.
- Soil moisture:
Average to moist.
- Height x width:
6 - 8' tall and wide
- Flower color:
- Foliage color:
- Season of interest:
Specimen, Landscaping, Pollinator gardens
- Cannot ship to:
- Patent #:PP12870
More Info, How-To's, Videos and more
Soil: Grow in any average to moist, well-drained soil.
Light: Full sun (6+ hrs/day) to part shade (4-6 hrs sun/day)
Space: 2' apart.
Fertilizing: Apply a granular rose or garden fertilizer in early spring if desired.
Winterizing: A good 2-3" layer of mulch is recommended.
Maintenance: No pruning is required or recommended. Blooms on old wood, but pruning after bloom will eliminate fruit. Sets fruit without a pollinator, but may be used to increase fruiting on other V. dilatatum cultivars.
ReviewsBe the first to write a review