Berberis Sunjoy® Mini Maroon® Description
Years in development, this very special barberry provides the rich color and texture you demand, but with no risk of it spreading beyond your yard. This trouble-free and easy to grow shrub reaches just 24-36 in high and 24-36 in wide.
- Non-invasive - It still flowers and produces fruit, but the seeds are not viable.
- Habit & shape - Oh-so-tidy, with a mounded habit that needs little or no pruning.
- Trouble-free - tolerant of heat, cold, and drought and always unbothered by deer.
- Soil - Not at all fussy about soil. Drought tolerant. It thrives in sand or clay, average to dry soil, even pollution and urban conditions!
- Deer-proof - Plants have pointy thorns that are unattractive to deer. A good choice for planting under windows to deter intruders.
- Pest free - Virtually pest free!
- Low growing hedge Lovely planted as a maintenance-free, low growing hedge.
- Containers - A fine choice to brighten up your favorite container.
Features: Cold hardy, Deer resistant, Drought tolerant, Easy care, Fall color, Foliage interest, Heat tolerant, Burn resistant, Multi-seasonal interest
Flowers are sterile and does not set seed. Restricted: CT, IN, MA, ME, NH, NY, VT
Recommended For You:
- Botanical name:
Berberis thunbergii 'NCBT1'
- Common name:
- Sun exposure:
- Ship form:
- Soil type:
- Soil moisture:
- Height x width:
2-3' x 2-3'
- Flower color:
- Foliage color:
- Bloom season:
Accent, Background, Container gardening, Foundation planting, Hedge plant, Ornamental, Rock garden, Small spaces
- Cannot ship to:
AK, CT, HI, IN, MA, ME, NH, NY, VT, CANADA
- Patent #: USPP 30,330
More Info, How-To's, Videos and more
Soil: Very adaptable to a wide range of soil types as long as it drains well, as it will not tolerate any standing water. It is not particular as to soil type or pH, and is able to handle environmental salt. It is highly tolerant of urban pollution.
Light: Sun to partial shade.
Water: Average water needs.Water regularly; do not over water.
Spacing: 24-36 in.
Fertilizing: Fertilizer needs are low. If you want it to grow faster, apply a rose fertilizer in early spring.
Winterizing: No specific care needed.
Maintenance & pruning: Prune for desired shape in late spring after bloom time, otherwise no pruning is required.
ReviewsBe the first to write a review