Berberis Sunjoy® Mini Salsa Description
Sunjoy® Mini Salsa barberry (Berberis thunbergii) provides rich color and texture in a trouble-free, easy-to-grow shrub that grows 18 - 24 inches high and 18 - 24 inches wide. It was selected for its neat, consistent habit, an improvement over similar types.
- Striking color - Sunjoy Mini Salsa barberry provides eye-catching dark red color from spring through frost! It offers the versatile habit you expect from barberry, and no worries about this naturally dwarf shrub suddenly becoming too large for your garden!
- Habit & shape - Oh-so-tidy, with a mounded habit that rarely needs pruning.
- Trouble-free - Tolerates heat, cold, and drought.
- Soil - Not at all fussy about soil. Drought tolerant. It thrives in sand or clay, average to dry soil, even pollution and urban conditions!
- Deer resistant - Plants have sharp thorns that even hungry deer tend to avoid.
- Pest free - Virtually pest free!
- Versatile - Plant as a low growing hedge, edging, or mix in with perennials for consistent color.
- Containers - A fine choice to brighten up your favorite container.
Features: Cold hardy, Deer resistant, Drought tolerant, Easy care, Fall color, Foliage interest, Heat tolerant, Burn resistant, Multi-season interest
Restricted: MA, ME, NH, NY, VT
Recommended For You:
- Botanical name:
Berberis thunbergii 'Mimi'
- Common name:
4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Sun exposure:
- Ship form:
- Soil type:
- Soil moisture:
- Height x width:
18 - 24" x 18 - 24"
- Flower color:
- Foliage color:
- Bloom season:
Accent, Background, Container gardening, Foundation planting, Hedge plant, Ornamental, Rock garden, Small spaces
- Cannot ship to:
CT, MA, NH, NY, VT, CANADA
- Patent #:USPP24,841
More Info, How-To's, Videos and more
Soil: Very adaptable to a wide range of soil types as long as it drains well, as it will not tolerate any standing water. It is not particular as to soil type or pH, and is able to handle environmental salt. It is highly tolerant of urban pollution.
Light: Sun to Partial Shade.
Water: Average water needs.Water regularly; do not over water.
Spacing: 24 - 36"
Fertilizing: Fertilizer needs are low. If you desire more rapid growth, apply a rose fertilizer in early spring.
Winterizing: No specific care needed.
Maintenance & pruning: Prune for desired shape in late spring after bloom time, otherwise no pruning is required.
ReviewsBe the first to write a review